My Beta Thoughts and Feedback (Lots of Text) (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 11:04 (3574 days ago) @ The Woaf

A very enjoyable well written post. I didn't agree with all of it but I never do. Don't worry I'm definitely with you on the pikes!

Thanks!

There was one part I strongly disagreed with though...

> I also would like it if the final game has the option to vote for maps instead of just randomly selecting one. Also, please include a "None of the Above" voting option as well.

Am I the only one who hates it when players veto a map or game type I never get to play in favour some perceived "classic" that people only love because they know it so damn well that it's all they ever vote for. I much rather have my map chosen by an algorithm than people.

You definitely have brought up a good point, especially for people who go into Crucible or wherever alone or with a smaller team. There'd be a low chance of winning a vote against a full time, especially if they can't try and get randoms to vote with them due to voice chat limitations. A lot of people don't have mics in Call of Duty for some reason, but if you start pleading for the lobby of randoms to vote to skip a map, they usually seem to listen.

I'm actually coming at it from a similar perspective to your own. Often times you get too many people voting for the same map over and over again, and it gets old. Or in the Beta, even though there were only two maps, at one point we played the Moon for an hour straight, then went to Venus, then the Moon multiple times again. 50/50 chance that felt like there was not enough Venus. That also can get old (or maybe Bungie had it set that way on purpose, who knows).

Then there's a thing I experienced all too often in Halo 4. What if the maps you're being offered really suck? That "None of the Above" option is a wonderful way to get to a new batch (hopefully). I was playing Reach the other night, and we were all sick of everyone voting for Spire and Boneyard, so we went to Wayont. It was a nice change of pace, and the randoms playing against us didn't seem to mind.

I don't know how varied Destiny's maps will be, or how many people might dislike them, or if the system itself will potentially place people on the same maps over and over, but I guess I feel like it's nice having some control over what I'm going to be playing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread