My Beta Thoughts and Feedback (Lots of Text) (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 16:45 (3574 days ago) @ RC

Speaking of Orbit, it can really be a huge time waster. [...] I shouldn't have to bump us into Orbit, and then bump us elsewhere.

Come September, I want you to go compare the loading time of Old Russia-Orbit and Orbit-Tower. Then you'll have a pretty good idea why.

I'll make a note to do this. I didn't think to do something like this, and maybe that'll clear things up and change my mind. Thanks!

Questions on Raids that I hope get answered some time before Destiny launches [...]

Why is the time scale so important? It'll be obvious once you get to the Vault of Glass. It's not really going to swing your purchase, is it?

Oh definitely not. This game is an absolute purchase. The Raid stuff had a lot answered in that recent article, and I haven't really cared much about the fine details until I got that taste. It's more of a personal thing hoping that I'll have some of these concerns addressed pre-launch so that I can get to planning certain aspects. It's a Raid, right? It's just something about my play style where I like to plan something like this ahead of time, get an idea of what I'm going into and who I should take with me, etc. I guess you could call it a sort of wish list of things I would like to know ahead of time because they're just the biggest burning questions I have about how something is going to work in-game. :P

= Crucible =

Here I was going to then put in a whole bunch of sarcy responses to your bits on Crucible but it wouldn't be productive. I disagree with most of what you said on it. I think Crucible fun, I want to play it more - and those are the most important things to me.

It definitely is fun, and I played a ton of it! I can't wait for more, and I just see a lot of room for improvement. There are so many different ways to play that I think it's good that you disagree with me. Who knows what multiple playlists will bring with different variations of play and ability. Maybe they'll even throw a Race playlist in for Sparrows or Pikes or something. :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread