My Beta Thoughts and Feedback (Lots of Text) (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 14:54 (3574 days ago) @ Avateur

Agree:

- Add dedicated clan roster added to UI, or else put clan members at the top of friends roster.

- Add death count to Crucible post-game

- Speed up post-mission and matchmaking exit 'Hold Y'; Remember when the next round started in Crucible even though I was holding Y to back us out, because I didn't have enough time remaining to satisfy the required duration? Heh.

- Allow Director access from within an activity. Will provide the map people desire and reduce unnecessary trips to orbit.

- Allow us to at least send engrams back to the Tower while in orbit. Would be nice to also be able to shop, even if we have to go to the Tower to actually pick up the items.

- The game should try to match you with your friends that are in the Tower or Explore locations.

- That Moon.

Disagree:
- Re: Tower, I'm not waiting for you there. I'm going into Explore mode if I'm waiting for someone.

- It was explained that they felt vehicles had enough vulnerabilities without including hijack. I miss it, but I'm okay with it being gone. Lets me get up close and personal in my Pike.

- I don't want to talk to randoms.

- Re: Large parties in matchmaking, because of how heavily Crucible is integrated into the investment system, I don't see them allowing you to populate both teams to avoid boosting.

- Veto, for reasons posted in the thread already. Unless you have control over voting with a large party, voting system hurts more than it helps.

- I'm okay with limited edition being limited. Might start a trend.

- I spent the majority of my time in Explore, I didn't think it was boring. Monster spawns are appropriate, as you shouldn't be clearing an area completely. Public Events are awesome indeed. Leveling up and then learning how to accelerate killing those bullet sponges is fun--there's a balance in there somewhere.

- Control is good. It is a good mix of slayer and objective where every player can contribute no matter what they want to do, but the objectives also create focal points for the action. It might not be Destiny's best game type, but it was a good choice for a Beta.

Misc:
- Do you really have to go to orbit to leave a Fireteam? That's the only way I could find to do it during the Beta.

- I wonder if they'll patch the revive exploit to get out of maps. I also wonder, if they don't, if you can do it solo with Radiance. Might be awesome easy for exploration.

- I expect that you can rejoin a Raid party if you get disconnected, just like you can rejoin a Fireteam in any other activity.

- If you are disconnected and want to mess with your character, there is that companion app...

- Re: Compass, maybe the Waypoint in Explore should point to the starting location unless you're on a mission. In any other activity, you have waypoints for the objective. In a Fireteam, you always see the other player's nametags. Don't know if a compass is needed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread