My Beta Thoughts and Feedback (Lots of Text) (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 15:47 (3573 days ago) @ RC

= Crucible =

Here I was going to then put in a whole bunch of sarcy responses to your bits on Crucible but it wouldn't be productive. I disagree with most of what you said on it. I think Crucible fun, I want to play it more - and those are the most important things to me.

Agreed.

All the talk of skill, with almost everything that makes up a FPS being listed as requiring no skill made me wonder just what "skill" is supposed to be... In my experience, once "skill" gets involved in a conversation it becomes defined as "that thing the people who beat me don't have." That's what I felt here, at least in part. Maybe it's because Avateur's experience was so opposite to mine. I loved the slow pacing and firing rates Reach forced players to play by and was convinced that I'd dislike Destiny. By the end of the beta I was in love with the Crucible despite its faster pace.

One minor correction: In my experience the motion tracker didn't light up a different color for people above or below you. Rather the central circle would either light up fully if they were close and on your level, or it would only gain a thin red outer ring if they were above or below you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread