Been waiting for TotalAudio to reassemble... (Off-Topic)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, August 04, 2014, 20:57 (3554 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I have purposefully stayed silent on the entire issue until now. Been foolishly waiting for TotalAudio to reassemble...and Bungie to hire Marty and Mike as independents again. But it seems so clear that ship has sailed and bridge burned. Every new 'development' and legal action just reopens the wound and makes me more and more sad. I think this article has all but confirmed some of my silent suspicions?

I for one, will not purchase the "Destiny Soundtrack" or "Music of the Spheres" (if it ever releases - F*** you Geoff Keighly), no matter how good it is, unless it is explicitly credited to Mike and Marty and they are both receiving residuals or royalties of some kind per sale.
It is not about the money, it is about the artist getting their credit where the credit is due and being compensated fairly for it. Of any of the mostly independent and somewhat progressive video game companies, Bungie should be the one working with the audio team and trying to reshape the industry for the better. Instigate the change, not resist it while contributing to the larger problem. Re-shape the business model. (Maybe their hands are tied by Activision?)

I will not pad Bungie or Activision's pockets for letting Marty go and benefiting from his heart filled artistic creations. If there is no plan for fair compensation to Marty and Mike, I hope that the official soundtrack or "Music of The Spheres", and any future soundtrack installments sell ZERO copies. If Bungie/Activision's final case is for ripping off the arists they employ (be it audio directors, concept artists, engineers, writers, programmers, producers, etc.), I attest that each of us should donate the money that we would have spent per soundtrack copy to Marty's Daughter's non-profit charity FosterKinship or the Bungie Foundation instead of purchasing the soundtrack. Let's instigate the change in the business model instead of laying down. We can make a significant statement and benefit others at the same time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread