Nope (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, August 15, 2014, 13:25 (3541 days ago) @ bluerunner

Lil' Blue will have his own account. Can I load DLC on both Xboxes with my account? Will he be able to access it then if he's logged in on one and me on the other?

I don't think you can do it with one account, but you can get the content on both consoles. This is how it worked for me for half my Halo 3 DLC:

1.) I have two Xbox 360s. My profile is tied to ONE of the consoles. Here referred to as the primary console. The second console does not have my profile on it at this point.

2.) I buy and download the DLC to my primary console. THat DLC now lives on that console, it is tied to the console.

3.) I sign onto the 2nd console, and download my profile,and any of my past purchased DLC (Much like you've done at a LAN or friends house). I can only be signed into one console at a time.

4.) At this point, my DLC and profile exist on two consoles, however, *I*, Revenant, can only be signed into one console at a time.

4a.) On the first console, the primary, any one who signs in to that console can use my DLC. So Jackie could play anything installed to my HDD with her live account

4b.) On the second console, my DLC ONLY WORKS, if *I'm* signed in.

This is how my old roommate and I got by during Halo 3 and saved a few bucks.

**I do no know if it still works this way. It may not, so take it with a grain of salt. You should be able to test it though. Try another game on 360 that you downloaded DLC to and see if you can figure out which console your account is tied to. That's where your DLC is tied as well.

What I just described above is also similar to how it works *right now* on the PS4. Korny and Syndrome do this method with their games and DLC so they only buy it once. The trade off to this is that the content must be bought digital, if I'm not mistaken.

Dollar for Dollar, the family\couple that games together will save more money on a PS4 this way. The XB1 is not as friendly currently in this respect.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread