In addition, (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 15, 2014, 20:21 (3538 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I don't know what your expectation was with how DLC was going to work for this game. BF4 would probably be the most recent example to compare it to.

I got some DLC for BF4 on 360, but that DCL doesn't follow me to XB1 because it is a different product, different system.

I've never played a console game where they let you do what you were hoping (if they even exist).

Totally works with PS3 -> PS4. Actually, it even works retroactively. I got the Battlefield Premium pass on PS4, but I am able to use it on PS3.

Also, all of my Last of Us season pass content from PS3 transfers over to PS4's Last of Us Remastered, despite it technically being a "different" game.

No doubt Destiny will be the same, given the DLC track record.

Heck, They are making PS4 versions of The Unfinished Swan and Journey (amazing experience), and if you own the PS3 versions (which were free on PS+), you get the new PS4 versions free, and with Share Play, All of your friends can give it a go as well for free...

For folks wanting to play Destiny on three different systems, you all are gonna have to make peace with the fact that you'll have to buy the same content 3 times.

Sadly, in most cases, yes. Which actually kind of sucks for me because since we only need to buy one copy and one season pass for our two PS4s, I was hoping to pick up an extra one for the 360, and the ability to ugrade it to the XBONE would have greatly helped boost the odds of an eventual purchase.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread