Positive first impressions (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 22:37 (3526 days ago)

I'm wondering if a lot of people around here who don't like Destiny have all been running through this game alone to start. I have yet to set foot in the Crucible, I haven't even completed the Moon yet, and I've already put in hours upon hours upon hours of gameplay. All but maybe an hour or two of my time was spent with one or two other people. The sense of exploration, tackling very tough enemies, strategizing, and just having fun has been a real blast.

Gameplay feels pretty solid up to this point. I don't find myself grinding for anything because I genuinely don't care to grind for anything. Weapons show up when they show up, and I'm taking on way harder enemies and playing on Hard mode for everything, and I'm really having a blast doing it. I'm enjoying the challenge, and it's really satisfying to conquer some of these smart and powerful enemies.

Sure, not all of them are smart or powerful. A lot of them are absolutely freaking stupid bullet sponges that impede fun and are a detriment to gameplay. Luckily, the Devil Walker and Big Orb Prime seem to be the only ones that I've run into that have caused this problem thus far.

I do agree with others about the story as I've experienced it at this point. I have no sense of urgency and I have no real care about anything that's happening to Earth or in this galaxy or on the Moon or anything. I just see bad guys and I'm killing them, and I'm doing it with people who I'm having fun doing it with. There's an evil presence out there, and it's gotta go. That's a really sad motivating factor, but it's working (mostly because we're having fun).

I also really enjoy finding all the Sleeping Dead Ghosts. No clue why, but I just do. Yay. I still can't wait to get to Venus! I'll probably be jumping into the Crucible in a little bit here. So far so good for me. I'm having no problem continuing to play.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread