Narrative (no spoilers) (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 09:16 (3526 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I think that's what some people have a problem with though. As the Halo series went on, the cutscenes started to get longer and longer. Plus I think some people were hoping for that more lengthy experience based on some comments Bungie made somewhere.

Yeah, it may be weird but I never skipped Halo cutscenes on replays, even the hundredth time, until Reach. And they were beautiful and effective but their length and somber tone just doesn't work over and over. So I'm happy we don't have that here, but I understand where the expectations are coming from. For me, I'm still learning what kind of game Destiny is and really trying hard to not compare it to Halo.

I don't understand the length complaint. I guess Destiny must be way more open to different play styles than Halo ever was because I've been pouring hours into it and I've only just completed the basic moon missions. I would have beaten a Halo by now but I still have two whole planets left! Wait, I just compared it to Halo - damnit!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread