Positive first impressions (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 22:39 (3527 days ago) @ Avateur

I think I can sum up my initial impressions with this:

So, in speculation, I made this post about the Sword of Crota. I connected the mission description with an apparently unrelated image and thought, man, how epic would it be if the sword was this giant massive.. thing?

Well, anyway, today we played the Sword of Crota mission and the sword was the same sword model that the Hive use. Nothing special about it at all. It's just floating there--hold X to pick up.

Obviously, once we pick it up, it will vanish, the enemies will attack, boss battle will ensue, end of mission. Ho hum. I was disappointed.

Until Avateur picked it up. And it didn't vanish. No, what happened next was hilariously epic and amazing. Bravo, Bungie. That was awesome. The next mission, what happens? Oh, this guy?

Yeah, if the rest of the game keeps up these unexpected surprises, I am going to be very happy. I am already very happy.

--

Yeah, I'm thinking the star missions are side quests, while the stars with wings are the main story? I think that's why some of these missions feel random and disjointed, but eh--I'll form my story thoughts when the Moon dust settles.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread