Games as a Service (Off-Topic)

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 12:19 (3504 days ago) @ car15

I kind of assumed that having this discussion in a gaming forum would initiate a conversation that is biased toward anti-capitalism or anti-corporate sentiments. Yes, that is a broad and unqualified generalization.

I work in an industry that raises capital for the corporations that sustain capitalism, so I'm very strongly opinionated against anti-capitalism stances because I see it work every day. People may say they have strong convictions against a certain idea (in this case cane sugar vs. HFCS), but until they start consuming that way, it's just something they like to say, but not take action on. This applies to every industry. If you put your money where your mouth is, you will see market shifts. Music is consumed digitally, Blu-Rays and DVDs dominates home entertainment. When was the last time you bought a CD or a VHS? How about a tube TV? Corporations and capitalism did that. They were strengthened by people consuming those technologies.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread