Games as a Service (Off-Topic)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 13:46 (3503 days ago) @ rliebherr

I genuinely believe that. Marketing is all sales tactics, if consumers can't be wise enough to make a decision for themselves, then they are making irrational decisions that the market will punish them for. Case in point: the recession. Consumers that bought too much house, got foreclosed on. I do not have sympathy for consumers who did that. I do have sympathy for consumers who lost their job in said recession, and lost a home they could afford.

I'm going to try not to go too far afield, but there is such a thing as "predatory lending" and my understanding is a lot of folks who ended up under water on their mortgages were given "subprime" offers that (IMO) should have been illegal. (They are illegal up here in the Great White North, and were before bank deregulation in the US.)

-- Steve is dolefully cognizant that rules get gamed. (Hello, gamer...) That does not mean that rules should be discarded.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread