I'm not so pre-occupied with the ownership rights of my game (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, September 25, 2014, 04:52 (3502 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I hope to never buy physical media ever again.

Same. Looking back on it, avoiding physical compies of games would have saved me a LOT of money. Buy something once, and have the ability to download it anywhere and have it safely available...

Buy physical, and the disk is only good until it gets scratched, lost, broken, etc...

I don't care about selling any of my games.

Same. I have never sold a used game back to a game store, and though I have regretted some purchases (Buying two copies of Crysis 2, for example), ultimately, it's nice to be able to go back and play those games if I feel like it.

In fact, because of how the PS4 works, games pretty much now cost HALF of what they used to, since we get two copies of every digital game we purchase. Sammy has every single game that I have and PS+, and she's never paid a cent.

I do really enjoy having whatever games I want no matter where I am, what country I'm in. It's also been awesome having digital music and movies.

This generation, we've only bought one physical copy of a game (Battlefield 4), and I somewhat regret not having gotten it digital. It's never removed from the console, since it's our only physical, but it still would have been nice to not have to worry about it...

Also, lending games is much EASIER with Digital, assuming you trust whoever you're lending games to.

The whole backwards-minded DEMAND that things always have physical versions around because people are so paranoid about the concept of ownership baffles me. But as technology marches on, those people will become like those who DEMANDED that VHS tapes still be around, because they didn't want to upgrade...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread