Your favorite weapons? (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:39 (3465 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by stabbim, Monday, November 10, 2014, 12:43

Hand Cannon

The Devil You Know. Huge damage, range and accuracy boosts, and a 12-shot mag. This is the gun Scout Rifles want to be when they grow up.

Scout Rifle

I didn't use them for a long time, but I recently got A.1F19X-Ryl in a drop. Mine also has firefly and final round. Firefly's fun. Doesn't get me a lot of kills when fighting leveled enemies, but it's useful for staggering and just a bit of extra damage.

I actually use Field Scout on mine, which doesn't make a lot of sense given the final round perk, but I think I get more use out of those extra bullets than I do out of one boosted bullet.

Auto Rifle

I have a Shadow Price now, I was using Grim Citizen before that. Both are slower-firing and stable. They're practically identical rifles but the Shadow Price I got has grenadier, which is super useful for both of my Warlock setups.

Pulse Rifle

Again, I didn't use these much for a long time, but recently got Fair & Square from an engram. Seems decent if you can speed up the reload.

I also have Bad Juju, but bluerunner's right - it needs a bigger magazine. The perk is fun when it happens, but as the gun is right now, it just doesn't reliably get kills before the mag runs out. You spend more time reloading than shooting.

Shotgun

Found Verdict. I like the way it handles and the fact that it actually resembles a plain old present-day pump shotgun. Makes it seem like something that's probably been around since the collapse, or longer.

I get more use out of my Comedian because it's void and I use it in the raid, but if I had a void version of Found Verdict I'd be using it.

Runner-up: Universal Remote. It's not as strong per shot as the special-slot shotguns, but the abundance of primary ammo makes up for that, and the change in playstyle that it allows is a lot of fun.

Sniper Rifle

I have an Ice Breaker because of the utility it offers, but beyond that I just don't use sniper rifles.

Fusion Rifle

Light/BEWARE. This was my original anti-wizard gun before Gjallarhorn. Its excellent range and stability lets it hit them from a safe distance. Last night I played the nightfall strike almost exclusively using this gun (used A.1F19X-Ryl to wear down the bigger enemies from a distance) to get kills for the Pocket Infinity bounty, and ended up soloing it. It's fairly easy to knock enemies out from beyond their firing range with this.

Rocket Launcher

Gjallarhorn. Standard generic answer, but true. The destruction that thing can cause is comical.

HMG

Deviant Gravity. Very slow-firing, heavy-hitting, and stable. This is the sort of HMG that you can point at a boss's crit spot and reliably keep it there while firing. Maybe more importantly, you can keep it pointed at oracles. Mine's void, so it always comes with me in the Vault anyway. No anti-oracle bonus of course, but it's so accurate that it really doesn't need any.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread