Criticisms of the Crucible (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 21, 2014, 17:52 (3453 days ago) @ Monochron

[*]Time-to-kill is WAY to low. I'll admit, this might just be my preference because I know a lot of other respected games are similar. But honestly, entering a room and having NO way to turn around and leave before you are killed is ridiculous. Yes, getting the jump on someone should be beneficial, but it can get ridiculous. And especially after spawning, getting spawn killed in under 2 seconds is far worse.

You need to lean heavily on your radar to avoid such situations. You need to know where the enemy is, and delay engagement until you are on equal footing or you have the advantage. See tons of enemies on your radar in said room? Don't enter with out preparing!

[*]Speaking of the above scenario, if a team has momentum they are rewarded with more one-hit-kill attacks. This serves to dump all over the losing team and actively prevents a come-back. In Halo or other games preventing a comeback what generally reliant on map and weapon control. In Destiny those things help, but then the game hands out overpowered attacks like candy. When I am way up on the winning team it rarely feels satisfying because it becomes simple.

I find controlling the heavy ammo has a larger effect on the game than does super management. Good times to use your super are when enemies have heavy ammo. Yes, by doing well you get your super more often, but I feel that doesn't have as much of an effect on the game as you seem to. It's a small advantage, but if you can get it, you deserve to have it.

[*] You have to face ammo to open it. I have to turn my back to a room just to get ammo?

That is the idea. Grabbing heavy ammo should make you vulnerable.

I think Destiny is a superior multiplayer experience to Halo in just about every way. Except of course NO OBJECTIVE GAMETYPES like CTF, Team Oddball, and Team KoTH.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread