Criticisms of the Crucible (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, November 22, 2014, 11:03 (3452 days ago) @ Monochron

Many times I have relied on the radar and assumed that I could take what was around the corner, only to stumble into 3 Guardians and possibly a super. Then, because of the fast time-to-kill, I am very quickly gone.

No. You are very quickly gone because you blundered into a room with three enemies. Assigning the blame to the time-to-kill is silly when you admit what you were doing wrong...

Did you read my post?

No. I just correctly quoted a section then replied to it with my eyes closed... I'm that good.

Who are you to say that walking into a room with some sort of enemy must be a "blunder"? You would never enter an area that has an enemy in it? Come on man.

Did you read your post? You didn't just walk into a room. Many times you made a bad assumption and correctly got beat down for it. If you are constantly walking into room alone and trying to face down three enemies then yes, you are blundering. Skirt the room and watch your radar. Unless the enemies are standing on top of each other it will tell you there's more than one person there by briefly lighting up two segments. If you think there's an enemy in a corner or multiple enemies in a small space toss in a grenade and watch for multiple damage numbers. You may not be in a position to follow up but at least you'll know not to go in.

The point of my post was the radar, not the time-to-kill, clearly.

Ok then. Back when Sargent Avery Johnson joined the corps he didn't have any fancy smanchy radar. He had a motion tracker. One motion tracker and a Warthog for the whole team... and they had to share the Warthog!

You are complaining about blundering into a room because you made a bad assumption based on your radar. At least it always tells you that there's enemies nearby. In Halo an entire team could get taken out by one shotgun guy because he'd be crouched into a corner and invisible on the motion tracker. An entire enemy team could be waiting on you in the next room crouched but you'd never know based on your motion tracker. Having a radar system that always pings enemies is a luxury.

So buck up boy, you're one very lucky Guardian! :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread