Couple thoughts on Control (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 23, 2014, 07:03 (3451 days ago) @ Monochron

Having read most of this thread, a couple apropos of sorta something thoughts:

Like our friend Half-Jaw once said, just because you're dead doesn't mean your threat has ended.

[image]

Thankfully, with respawning, you can use the tactic more than once. ;) Control is a points game, and if you've got two control points, you can trade kills for deaths 1-1 and win the game. Alternatively, if you've got one point, a well timed suicide attack can push the other team back just enough to let your buddies in. Jump in shotguns blazing, toss that grenade, and hope for the best. If you can trade your death for two kills or even one kill a critical time (say knocking out a guy who just got heavy ammo or popped his golden gun), do it. Got that Titan to waste his Fist of Havoc on killing you? That's a win, because he didn't use to wipe half your team from a control point.

Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good, especially since fortune favors the bold.

Second, Supers are all about WHEN you use them. As a Defender Titan, I see this most clearly as one tactical Dawn deployment can change the flow of an entire match. Take yesterday - Lawnmower and I were on Shores of Time, near the "T" hallway in front of B. You know the one, everyone likes to camp there. Lawmower tossed up a Ward in the middle of it, and he and I proceeded to wreck face. Before long, our close match became a runaway.

So, I mean ultimately, step back and put on your critical thinking cap. Think of the whole match, start to finish, not the moment by moment battles.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread