Yes. 9 bullets. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 05, 2015, 03:56 (3248 days ago) @ Morpheus

The 3rd biggest complaint(IMMEDIATELY after Thorn/Last Word's cheatiness and Shotguns 1-shotting cross-galaxies) is that Auto Rifles are useless--in both PvP AND PvE.

I have no problem with any of these things. People bitch about Destiny all the time. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they aren't. Also, I think the biggest complaint is matchmaking options.

Like always, I can't find any of Bungie's weapon preference statistics, but I don't remember Auto Rifles being at the top.

Nine bullets. Nine bullets. So you're telling me that if you caught them unaware--or if you had them stand still for you--that you could exterminate an entire team of six(let's assume Feeding Frenzy is on)in the 8-12 seconds it would take to empty 2.4 clips?

Yes. It does 19 damage per body shot, 23 per head, no perks. Guardians have a little less than 200 health. Here's me with The Summoner (same impact) today so you can see. http://xboxclips.com/Funkmon/5a0ff893-8750-4bd3-a03e-01a6a33444d9

The 1st and 4th enemies wouldn't even have Glass Half Full damage applied to them.

GHF GHF GHF GHF
9 9 4 + 5 9 9 + 9
A B C D E F

Even SUROS would have a hard time catching up, if that's what you're implying. How could that possibly work? If that were true, why does practically no one else use it? Other than the 90% Thorn/Last Word deaths, and 5% Super deaths, the weapons that have killed me in Iron Banner so far are(from most often to least)

Correct. Suros, with focus fire has a slower TTK than a Vanquisher. Vanquisher has a slower TTK than both those guns ideally. The vanquisher can still outshoot a thorn user if the thorn user misses a shot, same for TLW. A missed auto rifle shot doesn't increase TTK as much as those ones missing.

Thorn has utility beyond it's quick TTK. Guardians use it because it is good. Auto rifles are often less good, but more forgiving.

The Adept Messenger
Party Crasher
Another Void new shotgun, I can't remember the name right now

Matador 64.

Corrective Measure
Bungie's Lie--I mean, Felwinter's Lie
The Adept Scholar

Through all of Iron Banner this week(in fact, most of Crucible EVER), the only Auto Rifles that have killed me are SUROS, Up For Anything, and For The People. Literally in that order. If what you're implying is true, then DBO and B.Net and Kokatu would be complaining about Vanquisher VIII. I'm pretty sure that showed up on my death screen less than five times my whole life.

There is no need, because 9 shots with that archetype autorifle is a similar TTK to most other guns. It's just no worse than anything else. I don't know why you think what I said would make it any better than anything else.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread