Don't be stupid. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 05, 2015, 04:36 (3245 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In your contrived situation, by sheer luck I'm sure I'd get at least a few.

Destiny has zero 1v1 game types. However, I went one on one with a few thorn users in some games earlier using the summoner and did fine because they missed shots. I won those fights. I lost most, but I won some. Auto rifles do the best with your team helping, where you bring the guy down a bit and they finish him off or vice versa. One on one, hand cannons almost always win, except at extreme range. Duh.

I do not use auto rifles. I think they are almost always not the best choice. I use TLW or Mythoclast or Thorn or The Messenger or any one of dozens of guns. However, auto rifles are always fine and do well enough. They are in no need of a damage buff to go one on one with hand cannons. That's not what they're for. They're there to be the Halo 3 assault rifle.

Get over yourself, and get over trying to argue with everyone on the internet to prove you're right. I never implied auto rifles were better than hand cannons. I never even implied they were better than anything. In fact, I explicitly stated they weren't. I just said they don't need a buff. You don't need to get into a dick measuring contest with me over something I never even said, dude. Not everything is in black and white. The world has shades of grey, and auto rifles are one of them.

Please, try to incorporate some nuance into your thoughts. We're adults here. Not everything needs to be extreme.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread