The S-PUG

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 22:21 (3980 days ago) @ Dean Hofmeyer (unhh)
edited by Ragashingo, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 23:06

"Come on, update," Dean Hofmeyer urged his account balance.

The wireless net was lagging again, most of the city's finite resources having been redirected to repelling the new attacks on the south wall. The attacks Dean would help turn back just as soon as his account updated. As an Elite Level Guardian he had access to some of the highest system priorities. His data feeds and information requests were usually processed before all but the most essential city activities, but even he rated lower than the safety of the city itself. A fact that right now seemed highly ironic, as he often was essential to the city's safety.

"About time," he said to himself, as his balance spiked upward. Ten minutes later he was inside his favorite shop, pushing rookies aside.

"Rank," he said sternly to one as justification for his cutting to the front of the line. It was all the wide-eyed youngster could to do to nod in awe and make room.

"Finally got the credits then Hofmeyer?" the weapon-smith behind the counter asked.

"Finally did," Dean agreed. "And you have my S-PUG?"

"Got it right here. Finished it yesterday, in fact," the weapon-smith replied. He retrieved the self-propelled utility glaive from a locked cabinet behind the counter and handed it over. Dean took a couple good steps away from the line and gave the implement a few unpowered swings.

"I take it you approve?" the glaive's crafter asked.

"I do," Dean confirmed. "Add it to the rest of my order."

"Already done."

Dean transferred the appropriate number of credits with a few taps of his wrist-top display. It nearly drained his newly flush account, but then the magnificent blade was worth it. He took a few more practice swings before heading towards the exit.

"Holy! That thing looked like it'd take your arm off!" exclaimed the rookie Dean had stepped in front of a minute earlier.

"Not quite," Dean replied, as he slid the glaive into the perfectly sized sheath at his side, "but you enemy's arm, that's another story."

"I'll bet," the rookie replied. "Be Brave out there!"

Dean nodded and continued on his way.

"It'll take their arm off unless your enemy happens to be a Cabal Hulk..." he muttered under his breath as he left the shop, "...then you get it caught in the the thing's shoulder and get to spend the next three weeks risking your neck slogging tech just so you can afford to have the armory craft you a new one."

(Nice image by the way!)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread