I hadn't seen this yet: Destiny missions to be reordered (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 13:31 (3335 days ago) @ Kahzgul

It's weird to see my wish list for Destiny being checked off so thoroughly for TTK (though still no grimoire in the game!). What strikes me as strange as well is that, despite the *massive* changes to the entire game for TTK, Bungie has not yet admitted that they screwed up the 1.0 version, made some very poor choices, and released a game that was a regression from Halo by degrees in terms of both gameplay and story.

I think they have admitted they messed up a lot of things in 1.0. But they don't think it was a complete waste.

I'm glad all of this is going in for 2.0, but I really am curious about how 1.0 even happened. Was the entire team drinking the Kool-Aid or is there some bizarre culture shift at Bungie where fun took a back seat to addiction? And of course I'm very very curious about the state of the game prior to the 1-year-out shakeup.

I honestly think that Bungie went into the whole FPS RPG with their full amount of zeal for creating something new. And they thought they had done a great job at it. But that they couldn't quite do what they completely wanted.

And it wasn't until we all got our hands on it that they realized that they aren't as good at RPG's as they thought.

The only thing they messed up, in my opinion, that they have always done good was the story. Everything else that Bungie has done well and they have done before they nailed.

It's now in 2.0 that they are able to polish and make this new frontier what they thought they could do in the first place.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread