I hadn't seen this yet: Destiny missions to be reordered (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 13:54 (3232 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It's weird to see my wish list for Destiny being checked off so thoroughly for TTK (though still no grimoire in the game!). What strikes me as strange as well is that, despite the *massive* changes to the entire game for TTK, Bungie has not yet admitted that they screwed up the 1.0 version, made some very poor choices, and released a game that was a regression from Halo by degrees in terms of both gameplay and story.

I think they have admitted they messed up a lot of things in 1.0. But they don't think it was a complete waste.

Now, Luke never actually admitted that 1.0 was a flawed product (I don't like that word, fell short of the mark is probably better), but he used the phrase "There was opportunity for improvement" or something along those lines during the "100 questions about destiny in 6 minutes" video.

I really think they ran into another "Halo 2 problem", only a little worse. Massive engine overhaul combined with very ambitious goals for the product in a new 'genre' and it came in a lot hotter than they wanted, didn't have time for the spit and polish that we're starting to see now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread