REACH, ODST, and Destiny

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 09:34 (3970 days ago)
edited by Mr Daax, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 09:51

I know it's been said before, but I was thinking about how Reach, and some of ODST as well, are seeming more and more like Bungie's practice space for Destiny. Not that the games themselves weren't good (I thoroughly enjoyed them both) but a lot of elements make one think, "Hmmmm, I wonder if they were testing that out for Destiny." Things like:

*In engine character specific cutscenes
*Glimmer, though much different and much cooler than them, reminds me of the armor abilities
*Character customization
*The public play spaces in Destiny make me think of Reach multiplayer maps being play spaces pulled from the campaign.
*Character progression system
*Public events = the new Firefight? Or are they more similiar to campaign events like taking down a scarab?
*The (small) open world-ness of ODST and the constant existence of enemies in that play space

Those are just off the top of my head. What else can you guys/gals think of? Things that we may yet see that have been done in Reach and ODST, and earlier Halo titles:

*Space flight, or spaceship combat
*New multiplayer modes
*Different Visors/HUDs
*More animal life (seems like a minor thing, but it could be cool. THE BIRDS!)
*Forge and theater modes

EDIT: Also, check out what INSANEdrive has to say about all this here. His post inspired mine and I pretty much copied it, heh

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread