REACH, ODST, and Destiny

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 13:17 (3971 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is actually something I look forward to Destiny improving. In ODST, you had all these buildings, but you couldn't go inside many, and the ones you could go inside limited you to the first few floors. The entire city, everything you saw, should have been explorable. A bit much for a game the size of ODST, but for Destiny? I'd like to see that.

A uniquely "urban" approach to futuristic open world game is kinda what I expected with ODST. When most of New Mombasa spreads far into the sky, rather than sprawling across southeastern Kenya, exploring through wildly different interiors and fighting within these spaces would have been a blast. I don't blame Bungie for not including this, they didn't have the resources, time, or people to bring such a vision to life.

Including such experiences in Destiny would be a real treat and I don't see it as something Bungie is going to let through their fingers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread