Underwhelming, to be sure. (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 08:29 (2992 days ago) @ kidtsunami

So the live team, since SRL, has basically made a fancy skin for the tower that looks like a 9 year old girl's fantasy come true, 2 shaders, and emblem, and... not much else. I guess there are new emotes to pay for. This nonsense about 320 ghosts is also lame. I got a 298 ghost (I don't need a 320, but it was supposed to be the big draw here as far as rewards go). Maybe I misread and it was only a "chance" at a 320 ghost? I'm assuming that was it.

Lastly, the PvP change to special ammo is not good and does not change very much. The very first round features icebreaker, invective, or sidearms, and ever round after that is exactly like it was before the patch.

We did see a healthy mix of weapons and enemies, and faced a couple of very good opponents... and two teams clearly cheating with lag-switching... why on earth isn't the damage referee part of the elimination mode where it matters so much more than control???

And there's also no new quests at rollover, so after tonight's run through literally all of the content in just a few hours, I'm probably going to be playing helldivers or Hand of Fate for the rest of the week. I guess it was an interesting diversion, but this isn't a game mode I'm going to be seeking out in the future.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread