So uh, Crimson Doubles (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 23:19 (2998 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Me and Zero played 7-8 games of this last night. The loss of a third player in the Elimination gametype hurts it when compared to Trials. It's missing the dynamic strategy of splitting into 2 and 1 to create flanking opportunities. If you try to do that in this gametype, it creates a lot more risk since you are both alone. That issue seemed to result in a lot of stalemate pot-shot battles, which gets frustrating when snipers are involved, since you can barely poke out at all without fear of instant death, regardless of whether you get the first shot. The enrage buff didn't seem to play much of a factor in the games I was in. Special ammo seemed plentiful in evenly matched games due to the stalemate dynamic, and with all the countermeasures people have discovered (I myself was running Invective, but that has been my preference for quite a while now).

It's still Destiny PvP, so it was still fun, but I'd certainly rather play Trials or normal Control. We'll see how Trials goes with the special ammo reduction, but I bet it will play out mostly the same in even matches.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread