Crimson Doubles: Let us review (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 18:11 (3000 days ago)

I'm curious about everyone's thoughts are on CD now that the event is officially over.

I'll start by saying that I absolutely loved the gameplay of Crimson Doubles! The brokenheart buff made for some very interesting dynamics that easily could swing the game back to a semi even level.

I felt the 2v2 dynamic allowed for better games than a 3v3 style (this could change in regular doubles). If you went down a person then you are typically going 1v1 instead of 2v1 due to someone staying on the orb of your teammate.

The event drops completely sucked for me. 81 games and I received 1 ghost the entire time. Other drops seemed to be on par with what they typically are. I received a few legendary weapons and legendary armor engrams.

The SBMM still seems pretty strong. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing for elimation style game play. Here are some break downs of my extremely long and sweaty evening yesterday

w/ BeardFade: 7W:6L most games were lopsided
w/ Disciple: 3W:7L 9 games were 5:4 for the winning team. nearly 2 1/2 hours of sweaty games. that was draining!
w/ Louis Wu: 2W:1L all games were lopsided
w/ Chappy: 7W:3L all games were lopsided

Overall, I had an extremely fun time with crimson doubles. Hopefully we will see this gametype pop up in the weekly playlist from time to time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread