Crimson Doubles: Let us review (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 19:04 (2999 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I felt the opposite of you about the gameplay. As a general pvp shotgunner, I felt completely weak on my hunter the whole time. The entire game felt about waiting for a pick with a sniper and then collapsing down to hold that orb and finish off the last guy. The PvP elimination class imbalances were HUGE. When I swapped to my 35 warlock with Thorn and Praedith's Revenge, I was absolutely crushing enemy teams. My buddy who is not very good and I were roflstomping lighthousers simply because Thorn is OP and I could eat a crapload of damage as a max armor/max recovery sunsinger. Easily twice as effective as my main hunter in this gametype. I leveled up to 40 in no time at all.

I generally run a gunslinger/nightstalker in PvP and in I didn't feel too outmatched in this gametype. I'll usually run a pulse or TLW and a sniper so the lack of special lead me to trying out different loadouts than normal. I had a blast rocking a sidearm this week which is something I've never ran in PvP til this week.

But I'll totally agree that a max armor/recovery sunsinger seems OP in the doubles elimination gametype. I couldn't run thorn just because I felt bad doing so. firebolt grenades made me feel bad enough :)

I think 3s provides for a lot more variance in gameplay and strategy, as splitting up isn't a horrid idea that way. Contrariwise, if you split up in doubles, you're probably screwed.

I just like that things are more balanced in doubles compared to 3v3. IF you go down one person in 3v3 then your team is usually screwed. This might be different from regular doubles though since I've never really played that gametype.

I wish that you weren't reliant on RNG for the loot drops of the shaders and special ghosts. As such, I got zero special ghosts, but did manage to get both shaders. My buddy got a ghost, but got no shaders. Laaaaame.

RNG in timed events like this are just a disappointment waiting to happen. even with the guaranteed 320 ghost there's a chance it'll be the same as the one I already received.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread