Crimson Doubles: Let us review (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 18:41 (2999 days ago) @ unoudid

I felt the opposite of you about the gameplay. As a general pvp shotgunner, I felt completely weak on my hunter the whole time. The entire game felt about waiting for a pick with a sniper and then collapsing down to hold that orb and finish off the last guy. The PvP elimination class imbalances were HUGE. When I swapped to my 35 warlock with Thorn and Praedith's Revenge, I was absolutely crushing enemy teams. My buddy who is not very good and I were roflstomping lighthousers simply because Thorn is OP and I could eat a crapload of damage as a max armor/max recovery sunsinger. Easily twice as effective as my main hunter in this gametype. I leveled up to 40 in no time at all.

I think 3s provides for a lot more variance in gameplay and strategy, as splitting up isn't a horrid idea that way. Contrariwise, if you split up in doubles, you're probably screwed.

I wish that you weren't reliant on RNG for the loot drops of the shaders and special ghosts. As such, I got zero special ghosts, but did manage to get both shaders. My buddy got a ghost, but got no shaders. Laaaaame.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread