Crimson Doubles: Let us review (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 15:10 (2998 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by Korny, Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 15:15

I'm curious about everyone's thoughts are on CD now that the event is officially over.

I loved the playlist, and the shared bounties were a nice surprise (and led to a popping-out of my comfort zone, which was fun). The Heartbroken buff was definitely interesting, and something I'd love to see return. Going 1v1 against another buffed enemy led to some great encounters that led to some tough choices (Go For The Rez!).

Sammy and I ran it the first evening, and we had a great time (and got loot!). Some funny moments, saving throws, heartbreaking losses, and plenty of hate mail. :P
It was a great Valentines present.

I was somewhat disappointed in the scope of the event, but then again, Valentines ain't that big of a Holiday. At the same time, the smaller scope meant that I could run it multiple times across both consoles without feeling pressured to start.

I think the great thing about it was that you get a better understanding of how you work with another player without the stress caused by the regular doubles playlist (where enemies can space out your revives and control the match), and it was an excellent way to see how pairing certain weapons can help out the team; I remember running Doctrine while Sammy ran Jade Rabbit, and enemies had a very tough time pushing through to us when I played conservatively (which is not really my strong suit, heh).
I also loved playing around with weapons that I never use (Sidearms! Green Sniper Rifles! Scout Rifles! Hawksaw!); that weapon Bounty was great.

On the flipside, laggy enemies were more frustrating because of the fact that you only had one other teammate that could focus on them (and who also experienced their bad lag) so stacking shots was tougher. Fortunately they were few and far between.

I think that there was plenty to improve, and Bungie's already acknowledged some of the issues (320 candy Ghosts for all!), but if I could ask for anything, it'd be:

Overall, really fun event, I hope to have some clips up soon. In the meantime, here's a clip from a game where I got a flattering hate message:

And our quickest match (that landed Sammy some hate mail), with the aforementioned Red Spectre:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread