better then trials (Destiny)

by Durandal, Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 11:20 (2999 days ago) @ unoudid

I generally lucked out that I only got one super tryhard team that came in with Thorn and sunsingers with flame grenades. No Icebreaker or side arm switchers as near as I could tell. I tend to rely on my primary heavily and I enjoyed using a Scout/Sidearm for most of the matches.

The fact that you could advance even on a loss made things easier. I still had a few minor issues with hits not registering or not getting the grenade off on my screen, but since the cost wasn't so high it didn't feel as bad as trials where one loss kills your chances at the lighthouse.

At the 2v2 and 3v3 levels i felt that it is very tough to balance classes. Warlocks just have too many good things at this level, armor, tracking grenades, life steal/shield on hit melees, that the other classes don't. With more players, these advantages count for less, but in the smaller game types they seem to dominate.

Also, snipers are just really good at holding teams at range. The sniper/TLW or Sniper/high ROF auto rifle are too effective at covering all the range bands. A mid range build with fusion rifles can't compete, so you are left trying to shotgun around a tight corner. In fact I think I was the only team that used fusion rifles in all the games I played (I varied my load out game to game for fun, even ran QBB and an auto combo).

I think there is a video of someone sniping my partner at range and then following up with a headshot on me as I'm killing their buddy not 20 feet in front of him. Of course in that clip I don't get my fusion grenade off, but on my screen I did :(

The point though is that I'm very close, and snipers shouldn't be effective at that close of a range. That they are is one of the main issues right now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread