I liked Crimson Doubles more than Trials of Osiris (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 19:37 (3000 days ago) @ unoudid

Aside from my lackluster performances with you, unoudid, I felt like I played doubles pretty well, if not better than i play Trials normally. There are a few reasons why this was so in my opinion.

1) I didn't feel as screwed when I the last guardian standing.

Obviously 1 v 3 is worse than 1 v 2, but the buff was so significant that I could still capitalize if they made a tactical mistake. I won a number of rounds this way where my partner would die in a relatively un-res-able position, and I would instead retreat to a position where I had some chance of picking one of them off. Once it was 1v1 again, it was a new ball game.

2) I think flanking AND dealing with being flanked were both easier in 2v2, than 3v3

I know it Trials it can be effective to divide your group, but it is a great disadvantage if your 1 person runs into 2 people and suddenly your down a person in an un-res-able position. This could potentially happen in doubles, but I found it to be much rarer.

Perhaps I just did well at it, but I didn't have a time this weekend where a flank went so south on me that I couldn't retreat to my partner. And frequently I wasn't flanking until it was 2v1 or for sure we knew both opponents were in the same vicinity. When this is the case, it's almost impossible to survive people flanking you.

That being said, in 2v2, when you see your radar with split reds, indicating you are being flanked, I always immediately called out one of them to push on. When you recognize your opponent is flanking, you need to rush one of them and take him/her out and tip the scales. Time and time again, we did a good job of identifying the flank, choosing one, and taking them out. If only our opponents made this mistake more often.

Lastly, a random factoid. Don't go invisible when you have the enrage buff. Your an invisible body with red flames. You're gonna have a bad time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread