I totally agree... most of the time :) (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:52 (2835 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I get much more excited about the new toys we'll get to play with than I do about the events of the Destiny universe, new story & lore, etc. So I couldn't help but smile when I saw the Gjallarwing :)

But there is still a part of me that wishes I cared more about the universe of Destiny. I just can't buy into any of it, which leads to me feeling strangely detached about the whole thing. I literally could not care less about the "new Fallen threat" we will be facing, or "becoming an Iron Lord", or any of that. I guess I've just come to accept that none of that will have any meaningful impact on my gameplay experience, so I've turned my focus towards other parts of the game.

Yeah, the lore just seems like they gathered a few sci-fi and fantasy writers and told them to go to town. So while it all sounds grandiose and interesting, there doesn't appear to be any general point in the game aside from " get more loot...".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread