A few more things . . . (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 09, 2017, 13:56 (2603 days ago) @ Korny

Pretty much all armor is viable in the game, which I actually like, even if there are obviously "better" armors in the game, each one easily obtainable if you hunt the right machine.

I like that, too. I typically just run the Carja Blaze Light, because I think it's the best looking armor in the game. So I like that I'm not forced to run the Heavy version to be strong enough to do anything. But if that's the case, why have Light/Medium/Heavy versions of the same armor instead of just having more styles? The extra mod slots are nice, but not game-changing. I guess it just feels like a weird half-step.

And, I just like to see more customization. It definitely fits with Horizon's sort of stream-lined, no bullshit design philosophy the way it is, but I'd definitely love more color options, or maybe even being able to mix and match sets together. It's one of my few problems with the game--I just don't like the way most of the armor looks. I mean, it's all fine, but nothing really stands out as being really great looking, I don't think.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread