Haven't gotten to the ending but... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, March 11, 2017, 15:24 (2602 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Wow. WOW. What an ending! I think they did an excellent job of drawing all the plot lines together in a climactic and satisfying way. Surprisingly poigniant, too. They slowly, patiently build on the emotional weight of the situation over the course of the entire game, and by the end I found myself caught off guard by how invested I was.

All told, I finished the game at about the 48 hour mark. I'd hit max level (50) somewhere around 40 hours. I've got all but 2 of the trophies, which I'm looking forward to finishing up.

What a game.

Walking through the Grave Hoard last night hit me in a way I wasn't expecting. Listening to (and reading about) the hope that the folks had about Zero Dawn, even as their defenses fell and they sacrificed themselves, only for it to become clearer and clearer that Zero Dawn was not what they thought it would be... That they were all just sent to slow down the meat grinder... It was kind of sad.

I still don't know what Zero Dawn was (although the fact that Sobeck was given an Orbital Launch Base to use kind of hints at it), but judging from everyone's reaction so far, it probably didn't account for the survivors, and considering the report on environmental damages already suffered, Earth wouldn't be too hospitable for a good while.

This is how a mystery should be written. Breadcrumbs are there, and the truth slowly sinks in, rather than being a plot twist revelation... Really good stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread