Combat in this game just keeps getting better! (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 10, 2017, 18:13 (2603 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

How long is the main story? I'm sitting at about 27 hours play time, and I just did the quest to find Olin last night. I did the Ersa quest already, and just started the Hunting Lodge (I've been sponsored and now need to bring down a Stormbird and Thunderjaw).

It's tough to say in terms of hours (depends a lot on how much fast travel you use), but you've still got quite a bit to go. I've gone through several sequences that felt to me like an end-game climax, only to have things open up in a new way and go down another whole plot line. It's great. It just keeps going, without ever feeling like "ugh, enough already".

*Squints at Witcher 3*

Yeah, the lack of padding "do this before you can return to the main story or there will be consequences" quests in HZD is pretty dang great. That said, I've deliberately put off the main story quests in order to do a number of errands, sidequests and stuff like the Carja questline with Erend. I also looked for every Cauldron as soon as I could (not recommended, some of those bosses were MURDER).

Two nights ago, I did the Olin quest and quit after I spoke with Sylens after learning about Faro and the Glitch in the Horus machines. Since then I've just gone back to exploring and doing errands. I haven't even started the Hunting Lodge stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread