Combat in this game just keeps getting better! (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, March 10, 2017, 16:45 (2603 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I did that exact challenge last night, and it was great. I haven't done the Cauldron that allows me to override Thunderjaws yet, so that challenge was nuts. Instead of overriding the Thunderjaw, I used Tearblast arrows to knock its disc cannons off (I had to knock off both, because just one doesn't have enough ammo to kill both Ravagers). It involved shooting the disc launchers off, using the Ropecaster as quickly as possible to lock the Thunderjaw down, pick up one disc launcher to kill a Ravager, quickly find the other disc launcher to kill the other Ravager, all while avoiding the Thunderjaw which was rampaging around at this point and the numerous Watchers running around.

I love this game. I really do think it's going to be my first ever Platinum Trophy. I can't overstate how good the game's trophy list is. Nothing is really missable if you just do all the activities, you don't have to play on the hardest difficulty, you don't have to replay the game to make different choices, etc. There's no "kill this enemy in this manner 50 times" (I'm looking at you, Witcher 3). I'm not a person that has ever cared about achievements or trophies, but this trophy list is so good that it makes me appreciate them, and if every game had a lost this good, I could see myself caring.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread