memories (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 18:04 (2584 days ago) @ cheapLEY

In my opinion they threaded the needle--the exclusives were substantive enough to pitch as something special, but in actuality, not special enough to matter.

So it's the worst of both worlds and good for no one? (:

Yes and no. If you're a Destiny fanatic who must not miss anything (and that's your only priority), it's worth it to switch. In the calculus of many priorities, friends' list, backcatalog, etc., you can rationalize not having the exclusives. Initially, I was anticipating being the former, but the exclusives alone are not what keep me actively playing Destiny on the PS4. For both PS4 and Xbox, it's basically the friends list. (I would consider cross-platform saves the best thing to happen to my gaming life since launching Marathon 20-something years ago.)

A few people have mentioned the worth of complaining here, in the hope that Bungie listens. I'm convinced that every worthwhile debate that happens here happens or has happened in meeting rooms at Bungie. Bungie is working in a high-stakes, competitive field. This was a business decision, and one that I'm sure they knew would help them in some ways and hurt them in others. Hence, threading the needle.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread