Destiny 2: Playstation Timed Exclusive Content (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 19:44 (2584 days ago) @ unoudid

They stated that they were timed but never indicated a maximum time of exclusivity. In the same context, there have been pre-order bonuses exclusive to retails that have been later released outside of that retailer. The retailer still paid for that content, they probably just paid slightly less than had it been a forever exclusive.

And while I do agree it is somewhat deceptive to have content on a rolling cycle and not make that explicit, I do not recall anything ever explicitly stating that PS content must come to Xbox. In a grand sense, the experience are equal. But with a finer comb, yes, they aren't 1:1 equivalent. I mean, I would love to be wrong in that they stated there would be eventual 1:1 and that all exclusives eventually will be system agnostic, but I don't remember that ever being part of the pitch.

I'm just hoping it stays away from anything super substantial. I played D1 on both PS and Xbox. At this point the friends I played with on PS have generally moved away and I mostly keep that system for solo play and use my Xbox for more social things. I don't know if I'm willing to keep up the split platforms, even in spite of exclusive content. D2 will probably be an Xbox game for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread