No, it makes sense. You're grasping at straws here (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, January 12, 2015, 12:58 (3401 days ago) @ scarab

It's insane to need 3 weapons to avoid vault swapping.

The metaphor of the vault as a place is bullshit. It does nothing useful for the player and only makes their life more difficult.

Not everyone is running 3 characters, dude.

It stores things that I don't need at the moment, so that my inventory is cluttered.

I treat my vault like a bank (and like my bank it has a great interest rate of 0% on my savings there, heyoooooooo): During my play through, I store all my cryptarc consumables there, for when I need them. I'm sitting on like 50 silken codexes- I'll cash them in in an emergency.

I also like to keep my Ascendant materials there, so I don't accidentally use them in the field, or delete them etc.

The vault doesn't make my life hard at all, it keeps it clean, so, you have no argument here.

It has two benefits for Bungie:

• drives people to the Tower
  • encourages them to level up 3 copies of the same weapon (so they expend more time in the game doing make-work)

I think you're just a wet blanket here.

The Vault drives people to the tower, does it? So does turning in bounties. Or buying new gear. Or seeing Xur. Or cashing in a ship blue print. Or wanting to buy a new shader. Or decoding an engram. Or getting a package from the postmaster that I missed picking up.

So, a lot of things make make going to the tower necessary. I typically don't go to the tower every time I need to do one little thing. I try to make it so that I can do many things in one trip. Sounds like you might be inefficient in managing your travels.

The Vault encourages me to level up 3 copies of the same weapon? Sir, I've not done that a single time, and I come here and complain about the areas where Destiny is a grind like lots of other folks. I only made one extra character, and I did that just to see what it was like. I hardly ever touch my hunter, but I don't want to delete it because of the time I spent on it.

I don't think there are legions of players who are playing this game and farming 3 characters. Does it exist? Oh I bet. But people that play that way aren't playing Destiny for fun, at that point.

Lastly, did you consider that, perhaps, since Destiny is an expansive game, and Bungie is regularly introducing new items (Jack-o-lyte, anyone?) that it may be a way to store things that are added? That you might not need, save for a specific moment? Or what if you are a shotgun connoisseur and you have 10 different kinds that you like, for various encounters?

Yep. Gonna need that vault.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread