simplest way to share mats (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 12, 2015, 19:03 (3401 days ago) @ scarab

or anything that is simply a type and a number...

have those things per player (not per character).

That way all alts have access to them without needing any number swapping UI.

No work is the least possible work. If I had 23 Spirit Bloom and my Hunter needed 16 then my Hunter would have immediate access to that bloom without me having do anything.

I'm not counting the work I did to collect the bloom. I'm talking about any UI overhead that would be involved if it was per character but swappable via the vault.

As a general principle: if something is possible then it should be easy unless there is an overriding need to make it difficult. But you really need to justify why you'd want to make something hard to do.

Yeah, but you're applying UI principles for apps generally. This is a game, and in a certain sense it's a world simulator. That means that some (not all, of course) of real world logistics are recreated in the game, and is justified in the name of realism.

I fully agree that switching characters and all the travel to orbit and back is too much, and you could maintain realism with much less (or a different, less time consuming mechanism). I also agree that the UI for handling weapons at the vault could use some work, but your immediate access idea, that starts breaking down the aspects that make it realistic.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread