No, it makes sense. You're grasping at straws here (Destiny)

by scarab @, Monday, January 12, 2015, 13:55 (3401 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Not everyone is running 3 characters, dude.

I get it: other peoples' problems are not your problem.

Yep. Gonna need that vault.

???????? Did you think I was suggesting that there should be no vault at all?

Yes actually.

In my original post I meant that when you equipped a weapon (or anything) in the vault then it would remain in the vault. The vault wouldn't be a physical place that you reach into and take things from.

Bungie should replace the vault as a place metaphor with the vault as an inventory system "metaphor". Well, OK, just have it be an inventory that you equip from. We don't need a metaphor for an inventory, we all understand the concept just fine.

Destiny has a grind, for sure. And the grind is more pronounced for more than others, and in different areas from persons to person... but the fact that the vault exists at all is not some nefarious plot to make you grind.

I'm not talking about the vault's existence, I'm talking about its poor implementation, the vault as a place metaphor makes it much more of a chore to use and we see people working round its suckiness by having multiple copies of the same weapon. Nobody would do that if the UI was pleasant and easy to use. The UI should do work for the user. The user shouldn't be asked to do work for the UI. That is the tail wagging the dog.

The current vault implementation is appallingly bad when you have > 1 character and it can certainly be improved.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread