No, it makes sense. You're grasping at straws here (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 12, 2015, 16:48 (3401 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It's insane to need 3 weapons to avoid vault swapping.

Not everyone is running 3 characters, dude.

It has two benefits for Bungie:

• drives people to the Tower
  • encourages them to level up 3 copies of the same weapon (so they expend more time in the game doing make-work)

The Vault encourages me to level up 3 copies of the same weapon? Sir, I've not done that a single time, and I come here and complain about the areas where Destiny is a grind like lots of other folks. I only made one extra character, and I did that just to see what it was like. I hardly ever touch my hunter, but I don't want to delete it because of the time I spent on it.

I don't think there are legions of players who are playing this game and farming 3 characters. Does it exist? Oh I bet. But people that play that way aren't playing Destiny for fun, at that point.

I'm one of those guys that's running 3 characters and levels 3 of the same weapon if I can to avoid going to the vault. I'm still having a blast playing the game because #1 it's extremely fun to play and #2 I have a great group of friends that I game with and we are all still enjoying it.

It may seem silly, but I have my Main warlock, Alt Hunter and Alt Warlock. I would LOVE to have 3 versions of the main exotics (Vex Mythoclast, Suros, MIDA, Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn) and Legendaries (Vision of Confluence, Fatebringer, Atheon's Epilogue, Preadyth's Revenge, Black Hammer, Hunger of Crota) to use. On a typical Tuesday night I will end up spending 30-45 minutes minimum flying to and from the tower because I need to switch weapons over for whatever the burn might be that week, or to get Gjallarhorn & Ice Breaker switched. Sure, I could do the Nightfall, Weekly Heroic or Raids without switching weapons, but I would rather go to the tower and switch stuff over then be stuck with inferior weapons.

The simple solution would be to let us use the Destiny App (or overhaul the vault system) to quickly switch weapons around.

Instead we are stuck with the following order to switch a single weapon over after using it.

It's a complete waste of time

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread