No, it makes sense. You're grasping at straws here (Destiny)

by scarab @, Monday, January 12, 2015, 17:59 (3401 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The current vault implementation is appallingly bad when you have > 1 character and it can certainly be improved.

You're letting you notion of what you think it should be color your appraisal of what it is. If the Vault was never intended to be an always accessible extended inventory then it doesn't make sense to call its implementation appalling when it doesn't achieve the goal it wasn't built for.

I think that it is a way of storing unused gear and swapping gear between characters.

What is your definition of what the vault is?

Would you like to make the strong claim that the vault was never intended to swap gear between characters?

Calling the coke bottle beside me appalling for not fulfilling its role as a high temperature laboratory test tube makes about as much sense.

I don't believe that I have done that.

I never claimed that the vault should be always accessible.

let's look at your sentence,

If the Vault was never intended to be an always accessible extended inventory then it doesn't make sense to call its implementation appalling when it doesn't achieve the goal it wasn't built for.

and remove the claim that I didn't make...

If the Vault was never intended to be an [snip] extended inventory then it doesn't make sense to call its implementation appalling when it doesn't achieve the goal it wasn't built for.

Again, would you like to claim that the vault was never intended for swapping gear between characters? You do realize that gear swapping can be stopped by having separate vaults for each character?

Please tell me your definition of what the vault is.

Please tell me what you think my definition is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread