No, it makes sense. You're grasping at straws here (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, January 12, 2015, 16:12 (3401 days ago) @ scarab

I'm not talking about the vault's existence, I'm talking about its poor implementation, the vault as a place metaphor makes it much more of a chore to use and we see people working round its suckiness by having multiple copies of the same weapon. Nobody would do that if the UI was pleasant and easy to use. The UI should do work for the user. The user shouldn't be asked to do work for the UI. That is the tail wagging the dog.

The current vault implementation is appallingly bad when you have > 1 character and it can certainly be improved.

You're letting you notion of what you think it should be color your appraisal of what it is. If the Vault was never intended to be an always accessible extended inventory then it doesn't make sense to call its implementation appalling when it doesn't achieve the goal it wasn't built for. Calling the coke bottle beside me appalling for not fulfilling its role as a high temperature laboratory test tube makes about as much sense.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread