No, it makes sense. You're grasping at straws here (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, January 12, 2015, 19:47 (3401 days ago) @ scarab

Honestly, I read your posts and tried to make a fair conclusion about what you wanted. Here, let me show you my thought process:

Your three stated problems with the current Vault were:

It does nothing useful for the player and only makes their life more difficult.

(Presumably because of the logout/login/tower/logout/login shuffle)

(It) drives people to the Tower

(Presumably because you see it as a waste of time having to, at the very least, leave your mission and return to the Tower)

(It) encourages them to level up 3 copies of the same weapon (so they expend more time in the game doing make-work)

(Presumably you only want to level up one weapon and easily use it with all three of your characters)

Later, you said that the Vault:

...wouldn't be a physical place that you reach into and take things from.

And that:

Bungie should replace the vault as a place metaphor with the vault as an inventory system...

So, by my reading your idea of the Vault was an inventory system that lets the player store a weapon and easily transfer it between characters without having to travel to a location like The Tower. It seemed logical to me that if there is no physical in-game Vault to press X on and it is thus not located in a in-game location like The Tower it would be an "always accessible extended inventory." Your post below here mentions not having the "vault" accessible in a combat zone something I admittedly didn't think of, but beyond that was my thought process so unreasonable?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread