Good attempt. (Destiny)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 22:29 (3395 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Logically, your argument is sound-ish. As previously pointed out: if (y != x) { y = x} is a functional nightmare, but I get where your going with it. Basically you're saying we need to save some parameters on death and be able to pass them into your next life. Not a crazy idea. It does suggest that the problem has to do with memory and Guardian instantiation which, frankly, is probably a pretty complex process. I think we all should have faith in Bungie that if the problem actually was simple enough to fix with something like this, then it would have been patched.

I would like to point out another problem with your function I'm not sure anyone has seen yet. When would this function be called? If you happened to use a heavy ammo synth while this variable is stored but before the function was called (very possible, since you would cache as much as you could to save system resources) you'd get yourself a situation where the variable saved would be 0, does not match the new variable of 100% heavy ammo, the variable would be set to the previous ammo number per your function, and then upon life you would have 0 ammo, despite taking a synth.

Thoughts?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread