While we wait for HoW... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 09, 2015, 14:13 (3358 days ago)

What changes/additions (if any) do we all think Bungie is going to implement between now and HoW? With such a long gap between expansions, I would typically expect 1 of 2 things:

a) a LOTS of new content in the next expansion (which I don't think we're going to get)

or

b) smaller updates to fill the gap between expansions.

Personally, "B" seems much more likely to me. We've already had the update to version 1.11 which has brought some great 'quality of life' changes to the game. But what about actual content? Do you think we will get anything new to do before the expansion hits?

In the lead up to TDB, we had the hive attacks on earth and the moon added into Patrol mode; a minor but welcome addition. Will we get similar additions to the public spaces before HoW? If so, what would you like to see?

Personally, I would love to see something added to public spaces that makes them a little more interesting for high level players. A couple months ago, I had just begun leveling up my Titan (I was at 7 or 8 at the time). I was running through the Mothyards on earth when a WarSat public event started. Nobody else was around, but I rushed over, figuring I could handle it myself. Right as the event started, the Agents of Crota invaded the world... right next to the WARSAT. Suddenly, this routine public event became a white-knuckled fight for survival as I defended the Warsat while avoiding the sword-wielding Hive knight and his minions.

I know the public spaces are generally supposed to be low-difficulty, low-stress areas of the game, but having such a challenging encounter out on the fields of Old Russia was really exciting. I think it would be great to have the occasional high-level event or enemy appear during Patrol modes. Something that makes players stop and think "can I handle this on my own? Should I try to get help? Or should I turn around and run?".

Aside from that, I would love to see Bungie continue to add more "quality of life" improvements. New bounties (or even better, Eris-style quest lines) from tower vendors would be great. Also near the top of my list would be more ways to earn Glimmer and materials. Grinding for glimmer has become a real problem in this game. We can buy materials using marks now, which is great, except that I now use ALL my marks buying materials to upgrade my gear. I've complained before that the vendors don't seem to sell much gear worth buying, but even if they did I would never have enough marks because this game requires an insane amount of materials to upgrade our stuff.

That's my wish list. What about everyone else?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread