A step even further (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, March 09, 2015, 21:42 (3356 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, March 09, 2015, 22:12

I ENJOY watching a weapon improve from the time I get it to the time it's encircled by a yellow border. I don't consider the process a grind - I consider it a labor of love. Or at least like. (It's a digital representation of an object, not a real object, after all.)

I did too, back when you could level up your guns during the course of normal play through the game. When and if you reach the end game, where everything is a repeat and the object IS ONLY to get more stuff and level it up, it will grow tiresome.

Give us weapons and armor that don't need work to be their best, and we won't value them. You call it grinding, I call it pride through investment.

I disagree about as hard as you can, and in fact take a great disdain toward that viewpoint and games that foster it. What a terrible lesson for life when you are proud of a non-accomplishment as trivial as leveling a gun up by doing many many easy things over and over.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread