It's not. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 12:19 (3262 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Neither is\was the Mythoclast.

Or the Boltshot in Halo 4.

Or Armor lock in Reach.

Or the Mauler in Halo 3.

Or the PP\BR combo in Halo 2.

People just don't like getting killed with it. It is perceived as a cheap kill by a lot of people because they try to fight it like they fight most normal encounters and they lose.

It's just like the guns above. You get killed with it. You get mad. You start getting aggressive and flustered. You get killed with it again. You get more mad. You start making more mistakes, thus getting killed with it again and again. The gun MUST be OP. That is the only logical explanation! Nerf! NERF!

Whenever I got donk'd on by a Boltshot user, 99% of the time it was me being stupid and overly aggressive, essentially feeding them kills, playing into their terms.

You just can't take on a Thorn player like you would someone using TDYK, or Hawkmoon. You have to play a little more conservative, a little sneakier.

But that's just my opinion.

(Personally, out of all the exotic bounties (pre-HoW anyway) the Thorn bounty is actually challenging, and hard to earn. I'm not a fan of the PvP stage of earning it, but I must say, until Xur sells it, you aren't going to see everyone with one. It only feels that way.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread